aOrion Group of Companies
aOrion is a group of high-tech companies that designs, develops and manufactures small unmanned helicopters and specialized payloads for the commercial and government sectors. The first company was founded in February 2017 in Belarus, and in 2021 began to develop its activities via CIS and Western Europe. In addition to the development of small professional drones, our R&D team has unique experience in the conversion of civil helicopters with a total takeoff weight more than 3 tons into unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
aOrion’s unmanned helicopters are versatile platforms for multiple operational tasks.
aOrion’s advanced products and services are highly demanded in industries such as:
- energy and utilities;
- transport infrastructure;
- mining industry;
- construction and mechanical engineering;
- aerial photography;
- logistics and shipping;
- emergency management;
- health care;
- public safety, etc.
Accumulated knowledge and expertise of aOrion’s team is the result of years of continuous development, testing and application of manufactured products in real conditions with leading companies from different industries in Europe and CIS.
Since its establishment, the aOrion Group of Companies has achieved impressive results:
- development and production of several versions of the electric unmanned helicopter as part of the Heli-E UAS equipment with a flight endurance of up to 105 minutes and a maximum payload weight of up to 8 kg;
- Heli-E UAS was successfully integrated with many types of third-party attached equipment (cameras, gimbals with various cameras (photoсameras, video cameras, thermal imaging cameras, multispectral cameras, etc.), laser scanners (LiDARs), gas analyzers, radiation and chemical analyzers, etc.);
- development and successful integration of several types of proprietary attached equipment and specialized mounts for cargo transportation on the external suspension of Heli-E UAS (versatile gimbal with 3-axis stabilization compatible with many popular on the market cameras (photocameras, video cameras, thermal imaging cameras, multispectral cameras, etc.) weighing up to 3 kg, device for automatic load unhooking, device for automatic lifting and descending (winch), device for transportation of oil samples, etc.);
- performed by them independently or by Heli-E UAS buyers challenging demonstration and commercial missions in the CIS and Middle East (inspection of power lines, oil and gas pipelines, railway infrastructure, solar parks and cell towers; ice reconnaissance; wildfire monitoring, delivery of oil samples and other cargoes in hard-to-reach areas).
aOrion’s Heli-E UAS it’s only the first product in the wide range of unmanned helicopters and payloads developed by aOrion Group of Companies.
Currently aOrion’s team is working on:
- development of the 5th version of Heli-E UAS and improvement of aOrion’s two-level autopilot system;
- development of Heli-H UAS, a model with a hybrid power system having payload capacity of up to 18 kg and flight endurance of up to 5 hours;
- development of a comprehensive solution for converting manned helicopters into unmanned aircraft with a payload capacity of 150 kg or more;
- development of payloads for 24-hour video monitoring (3-axis gimbal with OE and/or IR cameras) and 3D inspections (based on photocamera and LiDAR).